Sports and remedial massage has many benefits to different systems in the body like muscular, skeletal, nervous, cardiovascular, digestive, lymphatic.
– Releases tension, stiffness, restrictions
– Helps break adhesions and scar tissue
– Restores range of movement which helps to reduce stress on joints and bone
– Increases blood flow
– Helps digestion and increases fluid movement
Sports and remedial massage has great performance outcomes:
– More energy, flexibility and range of movement
– Pain reduction
– Faster recovery
– Injury prevention
I use a wide range of techniques that include STR (soft tissue release), MET (muscle energy techniques), NMT (neuromuscular therapy), kinesio taping.
During pregnancy your body will change especially in the later stages. Those changes generally bring aches, pains and discomfort. Back pain, leg swelling and cramps, migraines and headaches, sciatica; they are all conditions that massage will help relieve the symptoms of.
Giving birth is a strenuous process on your body. Post natal massage helps with relaxation, releasing tension in the muscles, increases blood flow and oxygen to your muscles, lowers stress, speeds up recovery from caesarean birth. Post natal recovery involves more than massage. My intention is to support and nurture the mums, re-educate and refer if necessary.
The strategies used in this education include:
– Soft tissue release
– Post isometric relaxation
– Mini-foam rolling
– Yoga balls
– Simple acupressure
– Breath retraining
– Instrument assisted massage tool (polycarb tool)
– Traditional massage strokes
Copyright 2019 Andreea Sports & Remedial Therapy